Monday, September 1, 2008

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick




Content Rating: 1.1.1
Recommended audience: 8 to adult
Category: Historical, juvenile or YA fiction

Review: 4.5/5


I don't want to tell too much about this book because it unfolds so beautifully as you read it. I will say that it is the story of an orphan boy, an amazing machine, and secrets. This is a hefty book but it is filled with illustrations and actual photographs that bring the story to life. It is a quick, easy read that I think would be fun to read with children but is also very entertaining for adults. It's unlike any book that I've read before and I really enjoyed both the visual aspect as well as the story. Highly recommended.

2 comments:

KT said...

I loved this book. It's one of my most favorite books. The black and white pictures were so fabulous, though I have to admit I think they would have been a turn off to me when I was younger.

by the way, I left an award for you on my blog.

Wendy J said...

I also loved this book. It is one of my favorite books as well.