Sunday, January 24, 2010

Mr. Darcy's Story by Jane Aylmer



Genre: Jane Austen fan-fiction, romance
Published: 2006, 288 pgs
Review: 4/5 stars
If you're expecting any kinds of twists or turns in this novel told from Mr. Darcy's perspective, then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed. This is a very faithful account of Pride and Prejudice. I haven't read P&P for a few years so I may be mistaken but this felt the closest to the real thing of any Austen fan-fiction I've read. The story was followed faithfully and the flow and wording rang true to me. There were some instances when I thought that the A&E film version may have served as inspiration for the way Jane Alymer interpreted some of Darcy's thoughts and feelings, but overall I was impressed with the way she stayed true to the original.

Rating 1.1.1 Good, clean read.