Thursday, October 22, 2009

Mr. Knightley's Diary by Amanda Grange


Category: Romance
Published: 2007, 304 pgs.
Review: 3/5 stars
As is probably obvious, this book is Mr. Knightley's version of what happened in Emma by Jane Austen. I'm not sure what else to say about it. It was a so-so read for me. I liked it and I never considered abandoning it, but it never got me really excited. I did quite enjoy Mr. Darcy's Diary by the same author but I have a real weakness for all things Darcy, so it's pretty hard for poor Mr. Knightley to compete. Emma is also not my favorite of Jane Austen's works so that doesn't help either. Reading this has made me want to watch the Gwyneth Paltrow version of Emma again. That Mr. Knightley is so much better looking than the other.
Rating 1.1.1 Nothing objectionable.

No comments: