Friday, November 2, 2007

Welcome to Good Clean Reads

I'm so excited to start this blog. I've looked for a website that lists books that are clean but also substantial, thought-provoking, and intelligent and I haven't been able to find anything. Now, I can't claim to be a good judge of literary greatness. I'm not an English major or anything like that but I do love books and I find that I really want to read books that I can learn from and not just be entertained by. Entertainment is important too, don't get me wrong, but I'm a little tired of just fluff. I like fluff now and again just for mindless reading, almost like watching TV, but since our Book Club started I'm no longer satisfied with fluff.

But here's my problem. With all the books out there, how do I find the kind of books I'm looking for. I hate to start a book and then not be able to finish it because it's too offensive. I know everyone has their own tolerance level for sex, language and violence. I know people who won't watch anything above a PG movie and others who think they aren't a bit bothered by horrific rated R movies. I've wished many times that books had ratings like so many other things do now: movies, TV, music, video games. My vision for this blog is to rate books so others can choose for themselves what to read. I don't have all the ratings planned out yet. This is going to be a process of trial and error but I'm excited to see where the journey takes me.

1 comment:

Ben Hammond Fine Art said...

You are amazing!!! I'll definitely be frequenting your blog. Kerri