Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Persian Pickle Club by Sandra Dallas



Rating: 2.3.4 (The 4 is for one F-word. Otherwise, not much profanity.)
Recommended audience: Adult
4 stars
Category: Historical fiction, mystery

Set during the Depression in Kansas, this is the story of a motley group of women who are part of a quilting club. I really enjoyed this book. I was disappointed by the one F-bomb (as my good friend, Julie, calls them) because I had been excited to recommend this book to my mother-in-law. If you can handle that one spot which also includes some violence, I still recommend this book. It is such a great story of friendship and loyalty and takes you back to a much simpler time compared to the fast paced world of today. It made me want to learn how to quilt. Fun book.

1 comment:

Julie J. said...

I love the Persian Pickle Club... I really enjoy reading it.