Friday, October 30, 2009

Shelf Discovery Challenge





I found another challenge that I'm afraid I have to join. It is based on the book by Lizzie Skurnick called Shelf Discovery: The Teen Classics we Never Stopped Reading. It is a book that Publisher's Weekly calls an "omnibus of meditations on favorite YA novels that dwells mostly among the old-school titles from the late '60s to the early '80s much beloved by now grown-up ladies." The challenge is to read 6 of the novels written about in this book.

Here's the schpeel:
The Shelf Discovery Challenge will run for six months (November 1, 2009 - April 30, 2010). To join me in this challenge, all you need to do is grab a copy of SHELF DISCOVERY and pick out what six books you want to read (of course, you can read more than six!) Then, after you read a book, just write a "book report" to share your thoughts with others!
Sign Up: Grab the challenge button at the top of this page and write a post detailing what six Shelf Discovery books you are going to read within the next six months (you always have the option to change your original list -- I'm flexible like that!) If you don't already have the book, you can browse the table of contents here.

There are several books on the list that I've been meaning to get to so this is my list (for now).
  • The Westing Game
  • Jacob Have I Loved
  • Are You There God? It's me, Margaret.
  • Bridge to Terabithia
  • Wrinkle in Time
  • The Witch of Blackbird Pond

I think this will be very fun. Thanks to Booking Mama for a great reading challenge.

2 comments:

Julie P. said...

Thanks so much for joining us! I hope this is going to be a lot of fun!

Great list!

Brenda said...

This one sounds like fun too! I need to review my plans for other challenges.

A Wrinkle in Time and Bridge to Terabithia were some of my very favorites as a girl.