Saturday, December 20, 2008

Written in Blood by Sheila Lowe



Rating: 4.3.5
Category: Mystery, crime
Published: 2008

Review: 3/5 stars

Claudia Rose is a handwriting analyst that gets herself caught up in a murder mystery. She testifies that a man's signature on his will is not forged and as a result of her testimony, his much younger wife inherits most of his vast fortune. There's a murder and Claudia sticks her nose in too deep for her own good. It's actually a pretty good story and plot. The handwriting analysis stuff is interesting even if I don't completely buy into it. My problem was with the language. Do regular, everyday people really use the f-word all the time? I'm so glad I'm not around that kind of language because it's so unnecessary. It's too bad for this book, because I liked the characters, I just didn't like the way they talked.

No comments: