Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Host by Stephenie Myer




Rating: 2.3.2
Category: Sci-Fi, Romance
Review: 4.5/5
Earth has been invaded. Parasite like aliens have taken over humans' bodies, not just a few, but almost the entire population. I really liked this book. I liked it quite a bit better than the vampires. It reminded me of aspects of Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine as well as Stargate: SG-1, and that is really cool to me. I don't know if everyone will like the sci-fi nature of this book but I think that most people can still appreciate the characters and their lives. Stephenie Myer seems to have a thing for love triangles because this book has one too. It doesn't really matter because she is a great storyteller and I didn't care that she used the same plot device as she did in the Twilight Series. I've heard some people say that the first hundred pages were pretty slow and hard to get through, but I was hooked from the first page. My husband read it and liked it too. It is a little repetitive at times and it's not perfect but I give it a big thumbs up.

3 comments:

Laura H said...

I am not a science fiction fan but I enjoyed this book. Went on a little long but I like the Wanda character WAY more than Bella.

Kim said...

Totally agree with you about Wanda and Bella.

Shelley said...

I have yet to read this as well as Breaking Dawn. We bought BD at midnight when it came out, then my daughter read it and loaned it to a friend and we don't have it back yet! I'm glad to see a good review of The Host. I've talked to a few people who didn't like it, but it sounds like something I would like. We'll see!