Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Stardust by Neil Gaiman



Rating: 4.3.4

Recommended audience: Adult

Category: Fantasy, romance




I read this book after seeing that someone on another blog had called it one of the best books she read last year. Maybe I was expecting too much but I didn't think it was that great. It is about a boy of 18 who sets off to the land of Fairy to find a fallen star that he sees one night. There are others looking for this star--which happens to be a young women. There's a lot of adventure and intrigue. However there is also a pretty graphic sex scene in the first chapter and one f-word, thus the ratings above stated. I thought the ending was a little anti-climatic too. This book may just be a little too fantastical for me--too many weird creatures and strange phenomena. Overall it's not bad. I wouldn't just recommend to it anybody though, only to those who really like fantasy.

1 comment:

Josette said...

Initially, I thought this was a children's book since it's from the fantasy genre and the illustrations looked like they were targeted for kids. I was surprised to read *f* words in the book too!

Have you watched the movie by the way? I like the movie...it was hilarious.

Here's my review.