Thursday, December 20, 2007

The Gift by Richard Paul Evans


Rating: 1.1.1

Recommended audience: Teen to adult

Category: Inspirational



The Gift tells the story of a boy who has the power to heal people and the effect this has on the people around him. I listened to this book on CD and found it hard to turn it off. It is a compelling story and the characters are likable and seem fairly real. I didn't love it though and I think it's because I just don't care for this genre of books. I had the same problem with Christmas Jars. I think I just prefer the messages of a book to be more subtle. I know many people have adored this book and all the others by Richard Paul Evans. I do think it is well written and the characters are well developed so if you like inspirational books you should definitely pick this one up. There are some very thought provoking ideas.

No comments: